To help you fulfil your goals
it is essential that we understand where you are in life and
how you got there, and what your goals are in the future and
what you are prepared to do to fulfil them.
Our process therefore involves a lot of input from you, with
much time spent on discovering where you are and your goals
for the future, and on discussion of the appropriate
financial strategy that will meet your requirements and with
which you are comfortable.
- Upon initial contact we will speak on the telephone
to gauge in general terms what you require and to
initially ascertain whether our service can add value to
you. If we believe that we can add value to you we will
arrange to meet at a mutually convenient time and place.
- Before that meeting Lumen will forward you a pack
introducing ourselves and outlining the information that
you should bring to our first meeting. This will speed
up the process.
- Our first meeting is an opportunity for us both to
see if we can work together and to confirm if Lumen can
add value to you and your situation. An overview will be
provided of Lumen, however the majority of the time will
be spent on discovering your current circumstances and
the goals you would like to fulfil. We will confirm our
fees during this meeting.
- After this meeting we will write to you to reconfirm
our fees and to provide an outline of what we have
agreed that Lumen will carry out. An invoice will be
enclosed at this point for the work that is to be
- Lumen will request and analyse information from the
providers of your current financial planning contracts
and use these and the information from our meeting to
compile a strategic financial report. This report will
deal with the following;
- It will set out where you currently are in relation to
fulfilling your goals and if there is any shortfall in
your current planning.
- It will highlight the areas that need attention and
set out the steps you should take to ensure that your
goals are met.
- This may include different strategies for different
goals that you may have, whether it is creating wealth,
preserving wealth or providing protection against
illness or death.
- We will arrange to meet to discuss this report and
make any changes required. A final report will then be
- Once you are happy with our recommendations and wish
to proceed we will meet to implement these.
- A key part of the process is meeting to review and
monitor your financial plan in light of your changing
circumstances, changing legislation and the investment
return achieved, where applicable. During the process we
can discuss and agree the frequency of our review and